Key Premiere of the Month: 'Catwalk' on Viaplay
Streaming platforms launch a variety of new unscripted shows in September, with genres ranging from factual to dating and competitions. One of the 3 most important premieres of the month according to Smartshow.tv is 'Catwalk'.
Swedish original / factual / September 11 / Viaplay
Smartshow.tv says / A project that sends a positive message of equality, diversity and inclusion. Strategically released: it consists of a movie, released in theaters in early 2020, and a 6-part documentary coming to VOD in September.
Synopsis / A theater group for disabled people in their extraordinary quest to challenge social and industry norms by modeling at New York Fashion Week.
Also launching September 11-20:
- Sing On! (US adaptation) / singing contest / September 16 / Netflix / Players test their abilities singing popular songs, with the jackpot growing every time they hit the right note. Trailer
- Izzy's Koala World (US original) / documentary / September 15 / Netflix / Young koala caretaker and her family rescue cuddly creatures in need and help them head back into the wild. Trailer
- Long Way Up (US original) / factual / September 18 / Apple TV+ / Best friends Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on a motorcycle expedition. Trailer
- Drag Race (Dutch adaptation) / competition / September 18 / Videoland / An elimination competition for drag queens. Contestants are given the chance to fulfill their lifelong dream and win coveted title of the Next Drag Superstar. Trailer
- Wilmore (US original) / topical comedy show / September 18 / Peacock / Larry Wilmore will have real discussions with high profile people and cover important topics of the week
Read the full report 'Digital Unscripted Content Trends 9/2020':